Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mary Writes A Blog Post

So I decided that I wanted to write a blog. Lots of my friends do it! No, that wasn’t my reasoning. There are topics that I sometimes feel need some acknowledgement, or things that irk me, or things I love so much I can’t stop talking about them and swooning (Greek food and Aussies).

But then I find myself running into the problem of too many topics. What do I write about first? How do I condense it and stop babbling? I feel like there isn’t enough time in the world to write about everything I can imagine writing about. This post is me starting somewhere. Actually I’m starting nowhere. This is my first blog post and it’s about writing blog posts.

In an effort to narrow things down I thought maybe I could have a theme to my blog. Like only write about food, or traveling, or college. I didn’t like that idea. I occasionally like the discussions about chaos theory and quantum physics. I read Michael Crichton books!

It comes down to me just writing about whatever random crap I feel like writing about that day. That’s fine with me. Here are some topics I have been thinking about: Baklava (I’ll have to make some for this blog won’t I?), Group Projects, General Education requirements, Perry the Platypus, Pirates, The Hobbit, My Garden, Marketing, The Politics of Party Planning, Farmer’s Markets, 90s music and more!

Is four paragraphs a decent length for a post? I think it is… especially for one that is not about a particular topic. Blogs aren’t essays. I think I am done for now. I need to go shower and get to class anyway. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment